Timeline and key figures
Tried and tested know-how for over 45 years.
A rich history
Since his founding, Lumiplan has strived to accompany society and its evolutions.
The group story begins in 1972 with an idea thrown into the air: the creation of luminous maps or street plans to inform tourists. Seaside resorts on the Atlantic coast, followed by ski resorts, Lumiplan begins its development.
1972-2007: Lumiplan expands and invests in new markets.
- In 1982, the “Ski” offering is extended to town electronic information services.
- In 1992, Lumiplan launches its Transport business and takes part in European Union deliberation on information systems for public transport.
- In 2002, Lumiplan incorporates “Full Colour” display solutions in its applications, thus becoming the first vendor to deploy outdoor colour screens in France, notably in sports complexes.
2007-2010: Lumiplan expands its business through external growth.
- In 2007, Lumiplan wins the tender for electronic information journals in the City of Paris and consolidates its transport offering with the acquisition of the Heurès business, a traffic and service scheduling solution for bus services.
- 2008 and a new acquisition: Lumiplan consolidates its urban foothold by acquiring FA Technology, an important stakeholder in the dynamic urban display segment.
- 2009 marks a new turning point: the company fleshes out its international ambitions and creates the Lumiplan Asia subsidiary in Singapore. It also continues its expansion in the public transport market with the acquisition of Duhamel, a pioneer company in on-board communication solutions. Alongside this, Lumiplan takes its first steps in smartphone applications with ski-station specific apps.
2010 to today: Lumiplan consolidates its business and pursues its international expansion.
- 2010 sees further international development with the creation of the Lumiplan India subsidiary in Bangalore, dedicated to the Transport business.
- In 2014, smartphone apps gain new impetus with the introduction of citizen applications.
- In 2015, the mountain business steps up its development in the United States by creating the Lumiplan North America subsidiary.
- In 2017, Lumiplan continues its expansion with the acquisition of Ameli in Italy, an on-board passenger information system specialist, and Soridis, a passenger information expert operating in SNCF railway stations.
- In 2019, Lumiplan acquires the Spanish company BQB, a specialist in passenger information solutions for public transport in Spain.
- In 2022, Lumiplan strengthened its expertise in mobility data with the acquisition of Okina.
Today, Lumiplan employs 270 staff and records a turnover of €55m.
Turnover progression in €M